Family Left Homeless After House Burns to the Ground

Fire Officers And Onlookers At The Scene Of The Fire

One family is now homeless following a fire which occurred On Saturday 27th October 2012.

At about 6am that day, a fire completely destroyed two wooden dwelling houses of Fitzroy Phillip and Angela Destouche, which were within close proximity on Glover Lane in Roseau.

However no one was injured during the fire.

Foul play is suspected and one woman is presently in custody and is assisting with the investigations.

Unconfirmed reports from eyewitnesses indicate that Phillip’s girlfriend, whom he has a child with, started the fire.

This fire is currently being investigated as arson.

In more news;

Stephen Hill of Layou In Pain From Gunshot Wound

34 year old Stephen Hill of Layou is presently nursing a gunshot wound to his abdomen after being shot by Gifford Charles, proprietor of Charlo’s Minimart on Independence Street in Roseau.

The incident occurred about 11:30 am on October 28, 2012.

It was reported that Stephen was involved in an altercation with some employees, and began to throw stones and bottles into the business place, then armed himself with a cutlass when he was shot.

Stephen Hill And His Girlfriend After The Incident

Speaking with Mr. Charles, the proprietor of Charlo’s Minimart says even after cautioning Mr. Hill that he would injure him when he came to attack his employee, he paid no attention.

Mr. Charles informed Mr. Hill that he has a gun in an attempt for him to rethink his decision, but when he ignored and lunged forward to swing the cutlass at the employee, was when he was shot.

The matter is under investigations.

In related news;


On Sunday 28th October 2012, 30 year old Herbert Donald Duterville of Forte De France, Martinique, who was visiting the island for the World Creole Music Festival, drowned at Ti Tou Gorge while he was having a bath at that location.

It was reported that Herbert swam into the Gorge and submerged for an extended period of time and did not emerge.

The Taxi operator who was present went to seek assistance from the villagers, and upon arrival discovered the lifeless body under the water.

The body was transported to the Princess Margaret Hospital Accident and Emergency Department where it was pronounced dead by a medical practitioner.

A coroner’s inquest will be convened to be followed by a post mortem examination to determine the cause of death.
Foul play is not suspected.

© 2012 SAT Telecommunications Ltd.

Scroll to top