Kenrick Tyson of Sineku found guilty of murder

<!– /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:”Cambria Math”; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:”"; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:justify; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”,”serif”; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p.ecxmsonormal, li.ecxmsonormal, div.ecxmsonormal {mso-style-name:ecxmsonormal; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”,”serif”; mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; text-align:justify;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} –>

One man will have some time to think about his actions, as a nine-member jury found Kenrick Tyson of Sineku, guilty for the murder of Cecil James of concord.


Witness testimonies during his five-day trial, indicated that mr. Tyson killed mr. James by hitting him in the head, with a piece of wood while he slept at his residence between may 9th-10th, 2009.


The prosecution presented several witnesses, before a two-man and seven-woman jury at the high court of justice, including 18-year-old Nasha Daniel, who told the court that she witnessed the murder from a nearby building.


Ms. Daniel stated that Mr. Tyson had struck Mr. James in the head, with a piece of wood several times before stealing his wallet, grocery items and his vehicle.


Ms. Daniel said that she was afraid to run, as Mr. Tyson had a loaded gun during that time.


A few days after, both Ms. Daniel and Mr. Tyson were near the Mahaut river, in the Kalinago territory. According to Ms.Daniel. When he spotted the police he began to run, so police fired gun shots at him.


Dr. Martin Christmas, who pronounced the body dead shortly after the murder, said the deceased appeared, to have died from a blunt impact to the cranial region.


Meanwhile, another prosecution witness investigating officer Romen Riviere told the court that, in a statement taken from Mr. Tyson following the murder, the convicted man admitted to being involved in the crime, but said that prosecution witness Ms. Daniel, who was his girlfriend and child’s mother, had given the final blow which killed Mr. James.


Mr. Tyson said he held Mr. James down, and Ms Daniel started making beating him with the two by four.


Mr. Tyson had been shot in the leg by police, when he attempted to attack them with a cutlass, as they approached him.

Counsel for the defense Mr. Wayne Norde filed a no case submission, in response to the prosecution’s witnesses.


That application was based the grounds that, no cause of death was established as a pathologist report, had not been submitted to the court, neither was there a pathologist testimony before the court.


The application was rejected by justice Bernie Stephenson-brooks who presided over the matter.

Mr. Tyson will be sentenced on march 28th, following a pre-sentencing report, which is due to be submitted by march 21st


© 2012 SAT Telecommunications Ltd.

Scroll to top