Tip of the Day: Inexpensive Home Decorating Guidelines
- Create bold artwork worthy of a modern museum: Just wrap a large artist’s canvas with a patterned sheet or an eye-catching fabric remnant.
- Keep things versatile by covering major pieces – the couch or an armchair in a neutral shade or plain white.
- Find chic, unique pieces at flea markets, tag sales or surplus sales. Paint a cabinet door or part of a wall with chalkboard paint to create a family message center.
- Perk up a plain lamp shade with overlapping stencils in notice-me hues.
- Throw rugs. This is colorful, easy, and cheap.