Tip of the Day: Ways to Reduce Stress and Improve Productivity
- Plan each day. Planning your day can help you accomplish more and feel more in control of your life.
- Prioritize your tasks. Prioritizing tasks will ensure that you spend your time and energy on those that are truly important to you.
- Delegate. Take a look at your to-do list and consider what you can pass on to someone else.
- Take the time you need to do a quality job. Doing work right the first time may take more time upfront, but errors usually result in time spent making corrections, which takes more time overall.
- Break large, time-consuming tasks into smaller tasks. Work on them a few minutes at a time until you get them all done.
- Limit distractions. Block out time on your calendar for big projects. During that time, close your door and turn off your phone, pager and email.
- Get plenty of sleep, eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly
- Take a break when needed. Too much stress can derail your attempts at getting organized. When you need a break, take one.